The benefits of epsom salts – Trackstaa
When most runners hear Baths for recovery, they think of Ice baths. Ice baths have shown to aid recovery and reduce inflammation. However, we will talk about the positives and negatives of Ice baths in another article. Because this one is all about Epsom Salts.
What are Epsom Salts?
Epsom salt is also known as magnesium sulfate. It’s a chemical compound made up of magnesium, sulfur, and oxygen.
How do Epsom Salts Work?
When in water, magnesium and sulfate ions are dissolved. This results in these ions being absorbed by the skin into the body.
You can also get creams which have this same effect.
The benefits of Epsom salts
Many of the benefits of Epsom salts are useful for athletic performance and recovery. Which hopefully by now (since we keep banging on about it), you know recovery is one of the keys to success.
- The benefits of Epsom salts 1 – Providing Magnesium; Many people do not consume enough Magnesium, with many using supplements in order to have an optimal amount (Do not use supplements to replace a balanced diet).
Magnesium; Supports electrolyte balance, contributes to normal energy-yielding metabolism, aids normal protein synthesis and contributes to a reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- The benefits of Epsom salts 2 – Aids with sleep and relaxation; Magnesium helps with production of neurotransmitters that induce sleep and reduce stress. Magnesium can help your body with melatonin production, which is the hormone that promotes sleep.
Sleep and nutrition are the two key factors in recovery. So any way you can improve one of them is a boost in your recovery!
- The benefits of Epsom salts 3 – Many people believe epsom salts can help relieve muscle soreness and fatigue. One reason for this could be the fact, some properties within epsom salts help use lactic acid and glucose. Both of which can be used as energy during the recovery process.
Also, having a warm both in itself can help relaxation and improve blood flow. Heat widens your blood vessels which means more blood can be transported around the body. Increased blood flow = Increased recovery
- Nike Zoom Fly Fly – Zoomx FinallyNike Zoom fly 5 Nike have dominated the performance running shoe game since the dawn of supershoes half a decade ago. However, in recent years most top running brands have been catching up. In fact, some areas I would argue other running brands are ahead in terms of shoes they have to offer. Especially in …
- The Best running shoes in 2022The Best running shoes in 2022 This is a list of all the best running shoes in 2022, so far. This list will be updated when we believe a new shoe has earned the right to enter the list, so it will always be up to date with the best running shoes of 2022! So, …
- Adidas Prime X ReviewThe Adidas Adizero Prime X may be the best shoe I have ever worn in my entire life. That isn’t an exaggeration, I can’t think of a single shoe that outclasses this shoe for its purpose. And to get the elephant in the room out of the way, yes, it’s an extremely high stack shoe. …
- Where to buy the Nike Streakfly and other new dropsThis page will show the best places to buy the Nike Streakfly and other new drops based off your location. For European customers that is March 10th at 8:00 GMT. Most other time zones vary. Nike Streakfly (UK) Nike Fast Pack shoes (UK) Nike Streakfly (Denmark) Nike Fast Pack Shoes (Denmark) Nike Streakfly (Belgium) Nike …
- George Mills signs with On runningGoals moving forward with On? The main goal & most important thing is to improve as an athlete, keep learning, progressing and aim to make that step to be able to perform on the international stage regularly and consistently.I believe the opportunities, set up & support network On provides will be integral in helping me …